Effective date: June 1st, 2021.
Please be aware that all associated services and systems may be housed on services in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, information we collect (including cookies) are processed and stored in the United States, which may not offer the same level of privacy protection as the country where you reside or are a citizen. By using the services and providing information to us, you consent to the transfer to and processing of the information in the United States.
1. What Information Do We Collect?
Information You Provide to Us
There are various ways you can provide information to us, including as follows:
● Account information: When you open an account or subscribe to our newsletter, we ask you to provide your email address, or log in for a third-party account (like Google). You may also provide us with additional profile information, such as your name, gender, age, password, profile images or other preferences.
● Other information: We also collect information when you participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, participate in any promotion, volunteer as a product tester or reviewer, fill out a survey, communicate with us via third-party social media, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The information we collect in these contexts includes your name, email address, username, social media profile information, demographic information, professional information, and any other information you choose to share with us.
Automatically Collected Information and Information We Generate
● Server logs: A server log is a list of the activities that a server performs. FOSOO’s servers automatically collect and store in server logs certain information, such as: your search queries, IP addresses, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, referral URL, and certain cookies that identify your browser or account.
● Cookies and Web beacons: We use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us improve our services and your experience. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are computer code that communicates information from your device to a server. Some of FOSOO’s services or emails may contain embedded web beacons to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
● Analytics services. We also use analytics services, such as Google Analytics to collect and analyze your information. Generally analytics services don’t identify individual users. Many analytics services allow you to opt out of data collection. For example, to learn more about Google Analytics practices and to opt out, visit www.google.com/settings/ads or by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Information Collected from Other Sources
We also obtain information about you from other sources. For example, we collect information from publicly available sources, when you interact with us on social media, when you purchase one of our products or services through a third-party service, and when you submit a review for one of our products or services. This information includes information about your purchase of a Device or Service, information from reviews you post, username for third-party services, social media profile information, and demographic information.
Children's and Minors' Privacy
● About the protection of juveniles' personal information. The company attaches great importance to the protection of juveniles' personal information. If you are a juvenile under the age of 16 (according to the legal requirements of EU member states, the minimum age must not be less than 13 years old), you must obtain written consent from your parent or legal guardian before using this product and service. This product and service will protect the personal information of juveniles in accordance with the relevant EU laws and regulations.
● The Services are not directed to or intended for use by minors. Consistent with the requirements of applicable law, if we learn that we have received any information directly from a minor, we will take steps to delete or destroy that information. California minors: While the Services are not intended for anyone under the age of 18, if you are a California resident who is under age 18 and you are unable to remove publicly-available content that you have submitted to us, you may request removal by contacting us at: email@example.com. When requesting removal, you must be specific about the information you want removed and provide us with specific information, such as the URL for each page where the information was entered, so that we can find it. We are not required to remove any content or information that: (1) federal or state law requires us or a third party to maintain; (2) was not posted by you; (3) is anonymized so that you cannot be identified; (4) you don’t follow our instructions for removing or requesting removal; or (5) you received compensation or other consideration for providing the content or information. Removal of your content or information from the Service does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of that content or information from our systems or the systems of our service providers. We are not required to delete the content or information posted by you; our obligations under California law are satisfied so long as we anonymize the content or information or render it invisible to other users and the public.
2. What Do We Use Your Information for?
We use the information we collect to:
● Process and fulfill your purchases.
● Provide, maintain and improve our devices and services.
● Develop new devices and services;
● Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
● Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by FOSOO and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
● Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Devices and Services;
● Comply with our legal obligations;
● Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of FOSOO and others;
● Personalize your online experience and the advertisements you see when you use our Devices or Services or third-party platforms based on your preferences, interests, and browsing and purchasing behavior; and
● Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards.
3. How Do We Share Your Information?
● We share your information with vendors and service providers that perform services for us or you, including analytics providers, payments service providers, logistics providers that ship products to you, and customer support service providers.
● In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
● If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of FOSOO or others.
● In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
● Between and among FOSOO and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
● With your consent or at your direction. For example, if you choose to integrate our devices and services with third-party services, then those services will collect certain types of data depending on the nature of the services. Please review their privacy policies for details on the information they will receive and how they process this information.
● We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by the recipients to identify you.
4. How Do We Protect Your Information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied personally identifiable payment information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. After a transaction, your credit card information will not be stored on our services.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
FOSOO is based in China and we process and store information in the U.S. and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
5. How Can You Manage Your Information?
We provide you with the ability to review, manage, or delete your information.
● Account information
You may update certain account profile information you provide to us by logging into your account. If you wish to delete your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our services.
● Promotional Communications
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from FOSOO by following the instructions in those emails or by contacting us at email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
6. Your California Privacy Rights
This section applies to you if you are a California resident and includes disclosures required by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Categories and Sources of Personal Information: In the past 12 months, we collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers (such as as a name, and email address); demographic information (such as age or gender); commercial information (such as purchase history); geolocation data; audio, electronic, visual, or similar information (such as videos and images); professional or employment related information (such as from our volunteer testers and reviewers); and inferences (such as approximate location).
Please refer to our “WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?” section above for more details on the information we collect, including the category of sources from which this information is collected.
Business or Commercial Purpose for Collecting Personal Data: We collect this personal information for the business and commercial purposes descripted in “What Do We Use Your Information for?” above.
Categories of Third Parties with Whom We Share Personal Data: We share your personal information with third parties as described in the “How Do We Share Your Information?
” section above.
Sales of Personal Data: FOSOO doesn’t sell your personal information. We do allow third parties to collect certain device identifiers and internet and electronic network activity via our Services for advertising purposes. Please see the “Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others” section above for more details.
CCPA Consumer Rights: Subject to certain limitations and exceptions, the CCPA provides California residents with the right to request access to their personal information (along with the right to know additional category-level details about the information we collect), to request deletion of their personal information, to request to opt out of any “sale” of their personal information that may be occurring, and the right not to be discriminated against.
Please refer to the Contact Us section below to submit a rights request. We will verify your request by asking you to provide information that matches information we have on file about you or by having you log into your account to submit or confirm the request. You can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf, but we will require proof that the person has been authorized and may still ask you to verify your identity with us directly.